These instructions are to inform you on how to connect our BT-2040 DCE (Computer Side) device with out BT-2040 DTE (Serial Side) device. Before you can use your BT-2040 Devices as a cable replacement, you must first PAIR the Master (Computer Side) with the Slave (Serial Side). A software utility located on the cd which accompanied the device-BT232Config.exe- must be run to configure the devices.
1. Connect the BT-2040 DCE device to the extension cable and connect to a serial port on the computer.
2. Apply power with the AC adapter (be sure the slide switch is positioned toward the 9 pin connector).
3. Using a paperclip, press the MODE button next to the power plug on the device. The MODE LED will now be on and the device is ready to be configured.
4. Connect the BT-2040 DTE device to the extension cable and connect to a serial device.
5. Apply power with the AC adapter (be sure the slide switch is positioned toward the 9 pin connector).
Insert the CD into your CDROM and open My Computer. Click on the CDROM to view the contents of the CD. Click BT232Config.exe and the configuration software will start.
Connecting the software with the BT-2040DCE
First you will need to connect the software with the BT-2040 DCE. In the COM PORT field, select the com port you have connected the device to. Generally this is Com 1 or Com 2. In the BAUD RATE field we recommend the default setting of 115200. Click the Connect button and the software will connect with the device. You can now configure the function set.
Configuring Function Set
1. Select ROLE in the left Function set window. Set your BT-2040 DCE to master by clicking the radio button next to MASTER. In the REMOTE BT ADDRESS input the MAC address of the BT-2040 DTE adapter connected to the serial device. This number will be printed on the back of the BT-2040 DTE. Click SAVE. Click YES and then OK.
YOU MUST SAVE THE SETTINGS FOR EACH FUNCTION SET FIELD
2. Select SECURITY in the Function Set window. Place a check mark in the Secure Connection box and input 1234 in the Pin Code field. Click save. Click YES. Click OK.
3.Select UART CONFIGURE in the Function Set window. In the drop down menu's on the right enter: BAUD RATE = 115200 - STOP BIT = One - PARITY BIT = None. Click SAVE. Click YES and then OK.
4. Select LOCAL DEVICE NAME in the Function Set window. Assign your device a name. Click SAVE. Click YES and then OK.
Your BT-2040 devices are now ready to be PAIRED.
5. Using a paperclip, press the MODE button next to the power plug on the BT-2040 DCE. The MODE LED will now go off and the devices will pair. The Blue LED will indicate a connection between the two adapters.
Be sure to configure the software using the remote serial device to the com port your BT-2040 DCT is connected to.